Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Merry Monday #23

Hi Peeps,

 First of all, I want to give a special thanks to Narelle for choosing my Merry Monday #22 card as her favourite for last week's challenge! Thanks so much for making my day a little more awesome :) Be sure to check out her cards (here), they're super gorgeous!

Just a reminder to those who are interested.... Merry Monday is a challenge hosted by Lesley at Always Playing with Paper.  She posts a different sketch each week, and we make 1 Christmas card each week inspired by the sketch.... come Christmas, we'll have over 50 cards ready to share with our friends and family!

Now, onto Merry Monday #23, here's the sketch:


And my card:


I just LOVE this dark teal paper I used. I have so much of it and need to use it up somehow! Anyways, I used my Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the snowflakes on the white backgronud. I also embossed the bottom of the white insert inside the card with the snowflakes (you can see a peek in the photo). The ornament is cut from CTMH's Art Philosophy catridge and I ran that through the Bird and Swirls embossing folder. I adhered the ornament on the card with some white ribbon and it's actually pop dotted too to give some dimension (though it's hard to tell in the photo). I embellished the teal strip at the bottom with lines of rhinestones (you don't even know... this makes the card look super shimmery, it's so awesome! but again, it's hard to capture with the camera). Finally, I stamped the "very merry" (from Stampin' Up's Short and Sweet Stamp Set) sentiment with teal ink, heat embossed it et voila! I think this is my favourite Merry Monday entry so far!  


Thanks for looking :)





8 comments:

  1. Stunning! love the simplicity and the rich color of that teal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice card! I like your colour choices and the pretty embossed ornament.
    (Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog)
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful..clean and gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant! I love the teal and white together and all the embossed, white space! Glad you joined us for the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect holiday card! So love the look of the teal and white color combo! Your ornament is so pretty! Nicely done!
    Thank for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning :) love the colours you used and the added bling is perfect. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dark teal is beautiful, love the bling and the embossing too. Thank you for playing along at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very welcome Alicia - I just loved your snowflake! This weeks card is just as gorgeous as your winner from last week. I love teal and white together (really elegant colours) and your embossed bauble is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us again!

    ReplyDelete