Friday, April 6, 2012

Anniversary Card - another cut out card

Hi Peeps,

This is actually my 2nd cut out card as this was made before the Butterfly card... but I couldn't show it before my anniversary in case my boyfriend stopped by my blog lol (chances are he didn't.... but you never know).

Without further ado,


I had a rough idea of how I wanted to make this card but it turned out so much better than I imagined! My boyfriend and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this week and 5 years is pretty special... so obviously my card had to reflect this. Initially I wanted to be inspired by the theme "I love you to the moon" (which is very personal to us and I thought.... what better way to make a moon than to cut it out! LOL Actually, no... I wasn't thinking that but I knew I wanted a nice white moon with a nice dark sky and silhouettes of us in the distance. (That fox is supposed to be him and the bear is supposed to be me!)

For the moon I decided to cut out the circle and enhance it by rubbing some chalk around it... to give the illusion that light is actually coming from it. I cut out the tag for LOVE with the Art Philosophy Cricut catridge and the word LOVE fit pretty well! The alphabet stamp I used for that, I don't remember what it's called but it's from the new Consultant kit (if you're interested, I'll dig up the info!!) Then I used the Card Word Puzzle stamp to finish the phrase with "to the" right next to the moon cut out.

Since the card is pretty dark as it's made with navy and black paper... I wanted to add some sparkle with some rhinestone 'stars' (5.... 1 for every year we've been together).... and that's my card!

So excited to finally share it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment